Stuff I read recently...
I love the Internet. It's the ultimate encyclopedia. This is what I've found interesting lately. ( = This is awesome!)
- Heinz forced to apologise after QR code on ketchup bottle linked to hardcore porn site
- Law Enforcement Seizes $11,000 From 24-Year-Old
- Government says four cancer charities are shams
- Iperf version 1.7.0
- How to Anonymize Everything You Do Online
- Schneier on Security: How to Remain Secure Against the NSA
- 7 Things That Shouldn’t Impress Us Anymore
- 6 Lies that Keep Our Homes and Lives Cluttered
- Let Go of These 10 Items to Jumpstart Decluttering
- Becoming Minimalist Top Posts of 2014
- A Week of Lightweight, Nutritious Backpacking Food
- suspend - How to run a script when suspending/resuming?
- command line - Need to cause a notification in 12.04 from shell - Ask Ubuntu
- The Food Babe Blogger Is Full of Shit
- Why terrorism is overblown and why Islamists want western countries to attack the Islamic State
- The Myth of High-Protein Diets
- A Low Carb Diet Meal Plan and Menu That Can Save Your Life
- Fake Olive Oil: What You Need To Know
- New high-tech toilets: no hands or paper required
- Bash History: Display Date And Time For Each Command
- Raspberry Pi: Speaking Alarm Clock with Step-by-Step instructions - YouTube
- How To Show Line Numbers In vi / vim Text Editor
- 50 Americans Summarize Their Home State In One Perfectly Sarcastic Sentence
- 14-Day Paleo Diet Meal Plan | Paleo Grubs
- Top 15 Reasons You Are Not Losing Weight on a Low-Carb Diet
- 25 Super Simple Life Changes That Will Make You Live Longer
- How a U.S. tourist invasion will test the Cuban experiment
- How to read more
- 11 Graphs That Show Everything That is Wrong With The Modern Diet
- What does kindness get you?
- The Secrets of Sugar - the fifth estate - CBC News - YouTube
- Jumpin' Jesus - YouTube
- 15 Bread Recipes That Are Low-Carb, Gluten-Free and Taste Incredible
- Top 15 Reasons You Are Not Losing Weight on a Low-Carb Diet
- Top 11 Biggest Lies About Vegan Diets
- 7 Foods You Should Never, Ever Eat
- How It's Made - Canola Oil
- What Should and Shouldn't I Microwave?
- The lead developer of the original food pyramid tells how, once it left her hands, our Government completely rewrote it to support the agriculture industry desires.
- More consumers just say no to credit cards
- Be lucky - it's an easy skill to learn
- Rifles for Home Defense
- Not getting hired? 10 reasons why
- How to Wield a Knife
- Safety Mode: giving you more control on YouTube
- How Often Should You Eat?
- The Best and Worst Super Bowl Commercials 2010
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Deliriously High Paul Rudd & Jason Segel Interview
- Common Misconceptions about Web Designers
- TVGorge Brings Dozens of Location-Blocked TV Shows to Users Around the World
- Sound Sleeping - Relaxing Music - Sleep-Aids
- Become a GMail Master
- Reality Breakdown: Raises on Lowered Budgets?
- Tip: Use Liquor Boxes to Store and Organize Cables
- 5 New Cooking Uses for Your Rice Cooker
- Why the commercial ebook market is broken
- Great Steak--How to Cook for a Crowd
- Wondering What to Get Your Beloved for Valentine's?
- 39% of Bagged Salads Have Too Much Fecal Bacteria (dammit.)
- Real Thought for Food for Long Workouts
- Worst Beatboxer Ever
- In tough economic times, shoppers take haggling to new heights
- Gingko Biloba and other *Natural* Remedies May Be Dangerous
- Egg Watchers: The egg timer that entertains you
- Whats Really In Chicken McNuggets
- How I Learned French in One Year
- How I learned Spanish – II: Trial and Error
- Why hasn't Earth warmed as much as expected?
- Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1
- Don't Talk to Cops, Part 2
- Old Fashioned Goulash Recipe - Five Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- Smile Like You're Dead Inside
- Local produce hard to find in winter? | NutritionData.com Blog by Monica Reinagel, L.D.N., C.N.S.
- The Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Centre: home of TRT
- Cholesterol Test - Interpreting Your Cholesterol Test
- Mark's Blog : Pushing the Limits of Windows: Physical Memory
- An excellent description of a tinnitus experience very similar to my own
- Detroit's Annus Horribilis: Have Americans Stopped Loving Their Cars?
- 15 Desktop Blogging Tools Reviewed
- In The Interest Of Living
- Rain Gutters as Cable Management Tools
- Sorting Out Supplements: Tablets vs. Capsules vs. Liquids vs. Powders vs. Chewables
- Using Menu Psychology to Entice Diners
- Girls rescued from fake *Big Brother*
- Valet Abuses Hotel Guests' Cars
- The 30 Freakiest Commercials of 2009
- Are Christmas Gifts A Total Waste Of Money?
- Do I have the right to refuse this search?
- How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell
- Ideal Body Weight Calculator for Kids and Adults
- How Cons Steal Your ATM Card
June 19, 2015
*sigh* It isn't unlawful to have luggage that "smells of marijuana." Drug dogs hit on whatever their handlers tell them to; they didn't find any marijuana or this guy would have been spread eagle on the concourse floor. It also isn't illegal, and shouldn't be suspicious, to buy a one-way airplane ticket. People often go from one place to another without planning to return soon. Why is this a mitigating factor to anything? So once again we have a situation where a person wasn't doing anything wrong, was harassed by the cops anyway, was charged with "assault on a police officer" and "resisting arrest," those BS charges were dropped, there were never any drug charges, and… His money is gone.
May 20, 2015
Only THREE cents of every dollar donated went to help those with cancer. That is no accident. 3% is the minimum required by the US federal government to maintain non-profit status.
April 14, 2015
April 13, 2015
April 10, 2015
March 31, 2015
Very interesting but ultimately, just one person's opinion and therefore difficult to hang too much of one's hat on.
March 23, 2015
This article, yet another that quotes individual study after study shaping the results into something that supports the premise of the article, finally illustrates to me that I should simply eat what makes me feel good, and let that be the indicator of what an acceptable diet is. So for me, that's a very low carb, non-processed food diet.
March 12, 2015
Pretty well every page of this site is excellent.
March 3, 2015
A test you can try on any olive oil you currently have is to stick it in the fridge and see if it solidifies. If it doesn’t, you definitely don’t have olive oil. Even if it does, it only means that you *may* have olive oil.
March 1, 2015
75% of Japanese homes have a hi-tech toilet and the latest models eliminate the need for TP, keep you warm, check your blood pressure, play running-water sounds to increase privacy and open and close automatically so you don't have to touch anything.
February 19, 2015
February 16, 2015
I'm so doing this!
January 6, 2015
But do you love everything about your state? Of course not. Here is every state in the union, described perhaps more unhappily than the departments of tourism might appreciate…
January 2, 2015
If you’re looking for a New Year’s resolution that’s easy to accomplish and will improve your health, look no further than these ultra-simple tips and tricks…
December 31, 2014
Austin Kleon is a writer and artist living in Austin, Texas. He has some good tips on how to read more and read more better.
May 13, 2014
April 9, 2014
April 7, 2014
A very good documentary by the Canadian TV show: the fifth estate.